The Longfield Academy Careers Fair 2024 took place on January 19. The event was an exciting opportunity for students in Year 8 upwards to speak with employers and educators about the options which they could consider in future.
We were joined by a large number of stallholders, representing a range of local organisations, businesses and education providers. We were delighted to welcome representatives from:
- Longfield Academy Sixth Form & TLevels
- Leigh Academies Trust
- The ASK Programme (Apprenticeship advice)
- NHS & Ambulance Service
- Royal Navy
- Royal Airforce
- J&E Hall
- Ebbsfleet Development / Garden City
- London South East Colleges
- Canterbury Christchurch University (CCU)
- Hadlow College
- North Kent College
- Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Kent University
- Metropolitan Police
What did our students think?
Students were surveyed to establish their viewpoints on the event, what they got out of it, and how it could be improved going forward.
- 91% of students rated the overall experience at least “worthwhile”, with 33% rating the event “highly valuable”.
- 86% of students agreed that the event to some extent inspired them to consider their future career and options.
- On average, students said that they visited 8 stalls at the fair.
“It helped me think about my future goals.”
“I think the event was very good, I enjoyed it and I got some idea of what I would want to do for my future.”
“I would love this event to happen again sometime as it can definitely support someone’s next steps into their future career or passion.”
What did our visitors say?
“It was a wonderful opportunity to meet your young people and discuss their futures.”
“As a local organisation, we were delighted to have the opportunity to come and speak to your students. They were exceptionally polite and courteous, we are looking forward to working with Longfield Academy in the future.”
“Another very well organised event, thank you for inviting us back to Longfield Academy.”