The time has arrived for Year 9 students to decide which options subjects they will wish to study in Key Stage 4. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this process is going to have to be a remote/virtual one this year. To help you with this process we have set up a website at https://sites.google.com/longfieldacademy.org/laoptions/home
Please note that this can only be accessed through the student’s school Google account. We will not permit any external accounts to access this site.
The site has a welcome from Dr Donkor and a presentation from myself that explains the process. The site is fairly self-explanatory and also has the Google Form through which the choices can be made.
- Thursday 4th March – Options website goes live
- Tuesday 16th March – Year 9 Parents’ Consultation Event
- Friday 19th March – Deadline for the submission of the Google Form
All the details that you need are on the website and in my presentation. However, I would like to reiterate a couple of points:
- The Google Form must be completed using the student’s school Google account.
- This process is not first come, first served. All applications will be considered equally provided the deadline is met.
- A reserve choice subject must be chosen in case a subject does not run, or there are clashes for a student once the blocks are built for the timetable. Failure to do so will place the application at the end of the line.
- If a reserve choice is to be used the student will be notified in advance.
- Students will only be studying 3 option subjects (in previous years this has been 4 but we feel the loss of learning due to the pandemic means one less subject is appropriate).
This is a big decision that needs much thought and discussion at home. Please take the time to look at the course details for the subjects you are considering. Do email the subject leader with any questions that you would like clarified.
Finally, if you have any issues with completing the Google Form application or have any questions about the process do not hesitate to email me: email@example.com
Head of Matisse College